David J. Kedrowski, M.S., CIH
MS, Environmental Engineering
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, Illinois
• Certified Industrial Hygienist- American Board of Industrial Hygiene
• Licensed Industrial Hygienist (LIH) – Illinois
• Project Designer, Inspector, Project Manager, and Air Sampling Professional
• IDPH Lead Inspector/Lead Risk Assessor – IDPH
• IDPH-Approved Instructor for Initial and Refresher Asbestos Worker, Contractor/Supervisor, Management Planner and Building Inspector, and Initial and Refresher Lead Inspector and Risk Assessor
• American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
• American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Local Chapter Chicago Section
• American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
• American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
• Air and Waste Management Association (A&WMA)
• American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
Over 23 years experience performing environmental consulting services. Currently, the Executive Vice President, Operations directing and managing all operations staff of environmental engineers, geologists, industrial hygienists and environmental specialists in the performance of environmental engineering, industrial hygiene, health and safety, and environmental site investigations. Provides project quality assurance and control, expert witness testimony and acts as a regulatory agency liaison.
In previous employment, managed and performed industrial hygiene and environmental consulting services for nationally known environmental engineering company.
City of Chicago Department of Environment
Oversee Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and environmental remediation for numerous city projects. Assess and remediate sites contaminated by previous use, and USTs. Enroll sites in the IEPA’s Site Remediation Program. Assist the City in obtaining No Further Remediation letters.
Public Building Commission of Chicago
Oversee Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and remediation activities for the PBCC in the development of sites for police stations, fire stations, and libraries. Assess and remediate sites contaminated by previous use, and USTs. Enroll sites in the IEPA’s Site Remediation Program.
Managing Environmental Consultant – CPS
Provide environmental consulting services to the Chicago Public School for over 250 schools in Regions 3 and 4. Conduct emergency response and other consulting services for environmental hazards including asbestos, lead-based paint, PCB’s, mercury, mold and indoor air quality.
City of Chicago Department of Aviation
Midway Airport Terminal Development and O’Hare International Airport World Gateway Programs
Oversee Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Phase III Remedial Design, construction oversight, and review of Design/Build contractor’s submittals. Completed design plans and technical specifications for the proposed remediation including removal of UST’s, asbestos, lead paint, PCBs, and other hazardous materials.
St. Charles East High School, District 303
Provided construction and environmental oversight for the renovation and mold abatement of the school. Oversaw the environmental cleanup and provided oversight and QA/QC of all A/E and construction aspects of the $17 million renovation. Proctored weekly public forums and community meetings amid intense public and regulatory scrutiny. Provided building re-occupancy clearance at the end of the project.
Chicago Park District, Chicago, Illinois
Performed an indoor air quality investigation at the Garfield Park Conservatory following complaints of employees of health ailments. The survey included an evaluation of the ventilation system and an adjacent chemical storage facility. Recommendations were provided based on the results of the investigation.